Our program offers an Advanced Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (AdWGSS) graduate certificate.
The AdWGSS graduate certificate provides a rigorous, integrated, interdisciplinary, and relevant educational experience for students whose education and career objectives can be enhanced by a creative, critical, and scholarly feminist lens of analysis. Students may pursue the graduate certificate while simultaneously working towards a master's or doctoral degree in another field, or as a standalone certificate program.
Applying for Graduate Study
The AdWGSS Graduate Certificate application deadlines are March 31 for fall admission and October 31 for spring admission. Applications received after these dates will be considered on a case-by-case basis as space allows.
1) Complete Online Graduate Application
Prospective AdWGSS students, including those earning the certificate concurrently with another graduate degree, must complete the online application as provided by Graduate Division. All questions concerning the application and associated requirements should be directed to Graduate Division. There is an application fee. GRE exam results are not required.
2) Submit Supplemental Documents
Applicants must submit the following documents, if applicable, to the Department of Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies:
- Letter of interest indicating 1) why you are interested in the certificate, and 2) your long-term goals, both personal and professional.
- Letter(s) of recommendation: Either one letter from a WS faculty or three letters which can be released from your home graduate program.
- Writing sample (optional) such as an article or term paper.
- TOEFL scores: For students from non-English-speaking countries the minimum scores are 600/100 (paper/Internet).