Our undergraduate program offers a major (BA) and WGSS and Queer Studies certificates.
Undergraduate students acquire a thorough background in contemporary interdisciplinary scholarship in feminist and gender studies. A large variety of engaging courses prepare students for a wide range of job and career opportunities by providing rigorous training in several crucial skills that are marketable in the real world, such as critical and analytical thinking, and writing and communication.
Undergraduate Student Learning Objectives
- Students will demonstrate an ability to engage in critical and interdisciplinary thinking, analysis, and problem-solving through effective written and oral communication.
- Students will show evidence of integrating key concepts in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies in written and oral work. Key concepts include the social construction of gender; intersectionalities among gender, sexuality, race, class, and other vectors of power and identity; social stratification; and how these issues manifest in a Pacific-Asia context.
- Students will demonstrate an ability to connect the classroom with real-world feminist issues through active engagement in citizenship and civic participation.
- Students! Interested in potential scholarship and funding opportunities?
- What kind of jobs can you get with a Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies degree?
Fully Online Option Available!